Crowdsource Reporter is a configurable application template that allows users to submit problems or observations. The application has been optimized for smartphones but is responsively designed to be used on smartphones, tablets, and desktop computers.
The Crowdsource Reporter application presents one or more maps that can be used to report a problem or observation. Users can anonymously submit new reports, review existing reports, and comment and vote on reports or observations submitted by other users. They also can authenticate with their social media or ArcGIS credentials and track the status of problems or observations they have reported.
Crowdsource Reporter requires specific technical experience and software.
- ArcGIS Online subscription, Portal for ArcGIS, or ArcGIS Enterprise
What you get
The Crowdsource Reporter application can be configured in ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS without downloading the application. However, if you want to host the application on your own server the application is available to download from GitHub.
Below are the release dates and notes for Crowdsource Reporter.
- Added a series of configuration parameters which permit the opening and closign of the comment period.
- Added the ability to hide the splash screen and control access to the application through ArcGIS sharing rules.
- A fix for BUG-000104147, where the geographic limiation settings were being ignored when the report location was determined from a searched address rather than a click on the map.
- A fix for bug BUG-000095653, where default values were not being written to fields with editing disabled in the popup.
- Fixed an issue where popups for reference layers were displaying even when the layer did not have a popup configured.
- Added a configurable option for displaying the popup information for features in uneditable reference layers.
- Added a configurable option for sorting reports by the values in a field when the app user's location is not shared with the app.
- The application now honors layer queries when using a polygon layer to restrict where reports may be submitted.
- Fixed an issue with the map zooming to the correct report location on smartphones.
- Improved usability of the application on small screens by adjusting the width of the side panel.
- Support for shared theme
- A fix for BUG-000101946 to improve the display of labels for uneditable layers.
- Improved the user experince when viewing 'My Submissions' on lyers that contain filters.
- Added an option to display the map view of existing reports before the list view when the application loads on a smartphone.
- Removed the map from the submission form in the desktop/tablet layout.
- The order of the three main form sections - Details, Attachments, Location - is now configurable.
- The 'Help' content that is accessible from the sign in page can now be different than the content of the 'Help' panel available in the app. The in-app help can also be displayed as a splash screen.
- Added options for configuring the appearance of the splash screen and text found in the app
- Added configurable option to restrict new reports to within the boudaries of features in a polygon layer.
- A fix for BUG-000094248 to improve the selection graphic for reports in secured layers.
- A fix for BUG 000096844 to honor the visibility ranges defined on layers.
- The sign in screen can now be hidden by turning off all sign in options, including guest access.
- Added configurable options to allow users who submit reports through social media or ArcGIS accounts to delete and edit those reports.
- Filters on the comment table are now honored to facilitate comment moderation.
- Support for attachments with comments on layers.
- Fixed BUG-000097007 When adding a Map Image Layer in ArcGIS Online from a secured ArcGIS Server service with credentials saved and add it to a webmap, the layer does not load in the in the Crowdsource Reporter and Crowdsource Manager application.
- Addressed some minor display issues with right-to-left languages.
- Color of the Submit a Report button is now configurable
- Corrected the display of date values formatted using the MM/DD/YYYY and DD/MM/YYYY patterns.
- Restricted the number of time application users can vote for a report to once per browser session.
- Fixed a bug where the favicon displayed in the browser was always the Esri logo.
- Added a configuration option to enable display of uneditable layers along with each editable layer.
- Added support for maps with multi-layer basemaps.
- Added a configuration option for storing the location of a report based on the search term, reverse geocoded location, or coordinates at the location of the report.
- Added the ability to draw the location of a report in either the map on the form, or the larger map that is also visible when accessing the app from a desktop computer or tablet.
- Added a configuration option for disabling anonymous access to the application.
- Simplified app interface when working with a single map and a single layer.
- Addressed an issue with submitting the first report to an empty ArcGIS for Server service.
- Added the option to use the comment table pop-up to build the comment submission form.
- Features now load based on their proximity to the device when the location of the device is shared with the browser.
- Added a configurable help panel accessible from the splash screen and from within the app.
- A series of enhancements and improvements to the user interface.
- An enhancement to the data entry form to use the current extent of map.
- Added the option to hide the ArcGIS sign in button.
- First release of Crowdsource Reporter