Pole Reports provides a utility with a series of pole summarization reports. Once the reports have run, the results can be shared with an ArcGIS organization and used by managers to better understand asset condition for the service area or feeder. The Pole Reports solution utilizes the Automated Setup & Reporting tools to quickly generate pole reports. Once configured for your organization, these reports can be run at any time to view the most recent pole report information.
The Pole Reports solution includes the following reports:
- Poles by Decade
- Poles by Type
- Average Pole Age and Deprecation Cost
Pole Reports requires specific technical experience and software.
- Modifying JSON files
- Publishing GIS services
- Authoring maps
- Administering groups and organizing content in an ArcGIS organization
- ArcMap (Standard or Advanced) 10.2.1, 10.3, 10.4, 10.5
- Python 2.7.x
Map service hosting
- ArcGIS Online, or
- ArcGIS Enterprise (Standard or Advanced) 10.5, or
- ArcGIS for Server (Standard or Advanced) 10.3, 10.4
- ArcGIS Online, or
- ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5, or
- Portal for ArcGIS 10.4
What you get
When you download Pole Reports, you'll find the following in the zip file:
||A folder containing a set of Python 2.7 scripts to create and update the required services, maps, and apps in your organization. These scripts use the
Automated Setup & Reporting tools.
|Maps and GDBs
||A sample geodatabase with the pole reports schema and sample data.
||A sample geodatabase with electric network data summarized in the reports.
||A sample geodatabase with service area data used to summarize pole data for the reports.
||A map document used to publish the Pole Report feature service.
Below are the release dates and notes for Pole Reports.
- Most recent version of the Automated Setup & Reporting tools that includes the following:
- Support for ArcGIS 10.5.
- A resolution to a bug in which using a custom length field in the report summary would result in incorrect results. When reporting on a custom length field, values can now be proportionally split when setting the new reclass report parameter, AdjustCountField, to true (BUG-000100918).
- A new parameter in the reclass report configuration, ReportAreasOverlap, which reports when a feature is split and the sum of the parts do not equal the original feature length. The logic is similar to the Pairwise Intersect tool, which results in faster processing.
- A new parameter in the reclass report configuration, ReclassType, which determines how features that span multiple reporting areas will be summarized.
- Latest versions of the ArcREST tools
- Config file enhancements
- Data report schema compressed into three reporting classes
- Multiple configuration files merged into a single file.
- Updated map document with a new sample dataset
- Latest versions of the Automated Setup & Reporting
- Latest versions of the ArcREST and ArcREST Helper tools
- Config files schema changes
- FeatureService section to FeatureServices
- Login info only defined in the GlobalLoginInfo file
- EnableEditTracking parameter added to FeatureServices section
- UpdateItemContent changes to UpdateService in MapDetails
- Portal in login section changed to Orgurl
- ExistingService change to ExistingServices
- ExistingServices ReportResult tag changes to FeatureClass
- ReplaceTag added to section
- ReplaceInfo Section now uses the following three parameters, SearchString, ReplaceString and ReplaceType
- First release of Pole Reports