Utilities are required to report on their gas transmission system annually. The Facility Reports for Gas Transmission solution can be used to help summarize information needed for annual reports.
In addition to summarizing the report content, a feature service, map, a web app of the reports are published and shared to your ArcGIS organization. The summary report can also be exported as a CSV file.
This solution provide the follow reports:
- Transmission Pipe by HCA Miles
- Onshore Transmission Pipe
- Offshore Transmission Pipe
- Onshore Transmission Pipe by DOT Class and SMYS
- Offshore DOT Class 1 Transmission Pipe by Percent SMYS
- Onshore Transmission Pipe by DOT Class
- Offshore Transmission Pipe by DOT Class
- Eliminated and Repaired Onshore Leaks by Leak Cause
- Eliminated and Repaired Offshore Leaks by Leak Cause
- All Failures in HCA by Leak Cause
- Known Leaks on Transmission Pipe
- Transmission Pipe with a MAOP Determination Method
- Transmission Pipeline by Pressure Test and Internal Inspection
This solution utilizes the ArcREST and SolutionReportTools Python packages to calculate the report content and publish the service, maps and app.
Please review the known issues before configuration of this solution on your data.
Facility Reports for Gas Transmission requires specific technical experience and software.
- ArcMap (Standard or Advanced) 10.2.1, 10.3, 10.4, 10.5
- Python 2.7.x
Map service hosting
- ArcGIS Online, or
- ArcGIS Enterprise (Standard or Advanced) 10.5, or
- ArcGIS for Server (Standard or Advanced) 10.3, 10.4
- ArcGIS Online, or
- ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5, or
- Portal for ArcGIS 10.4
- Basic Viewer (ArcGIS configurable web application template)
What you get
When you download Facility Reports for Gas Transmission, you'll find the following in the zip file:
||A folder containing a set of Python 2.7 scripts to create and update the required services, maps, and apps in your organization. These scripts utilize the
Automated Setup & Reporting tools.
|Maps and GDBs
||A sample geodatabase with the schema for the transmission reports.
||A sample geodatabase with gas network and reporting data.
||A map document used to publish the transmission reports.
||A toolbox with tools used to pre-process gas network data for reporting.
Below are the release dates and notes for Facility Reports for Gas Transmission.
- A resolution to an issue in the PreProcessingPipeDOT geoprocessing model where the wrong pipe was being assigned to the DOT area.
- An update to two reports, Data Summarization of Onshore Transmission Pipe by DOT Class and Data Summarization of Offshore Transmission Pipe by DOT Class, to use the PipeDOTClass layer. The filter SQL of these reports has also been updated to summarize only active features with a system type of offshore transmission.
- Most recent version of the Automated Setup & Reporting tools that includes the following:
- Support for ArcGIS 10.5.
- A resolution to a bug in which using a custom length field in the report summary would result in incorrect results. When reporting on a custom length field, values can now be proportionally split when setting the new reclass report parameter, AdjustCountField, to true (BUG-000100918).
- A new parameter in the reclass report configuration, ReportAreasOverlap, which reports when a feature is split and the sum of the parts do not equal the original feature length. The logic is similar to the Pairwise Intersect tool, which results in faster processing.
- A new parameter in the reclass report configuration, ReclassType, which determines how features that span multiple reporting areas will be summarized.
- A resolution to an issue in which the pre-processing geoprocessing models did not preserve the Global ID field of input feature classes.
- The UPDM.gdb has been removed and replaced with the NapervilleGas.gdb.
- The ReportingArea parameter now uses the P_ServiceArea included with the NapervilleGas.gdb.
- An update to the data query expressions from EXTRACT(YEAR from CURRENT_DATE) to a hard coded date.
- Most recent version of the Automated Setup & Reporting tools. See the release notes for more details.
Latest versions of the ArcREST tools
- Config file enhancements
- First release of Facility Reports for Gas Transmission