The Image Differencing Change Detection task uses the common image differencing remote sensing workflow. The workflow begins by creating a remote sensing index (such as NDVI) to use as input into the Minus raster function. Once the index is differenced, the resulting image values are thresholded to identify areas of change. Complete the following steps using the Image Differencing Change Detection task.
- Add imagery to the map.
- Convert to apparent reflectance.
- Extract layer for change detection.
- Create difference image.
- Explore symbology to identify change.
- Threshold very high and very low values.
- Add the attribute table raster function.
- Adjust threshold to include more change or exclude false positive change.