The Electric Utility Network Configuration models a utility network to behave like an electric network and provides maps, services, and workflows to facilitate data management and analysis. This configuration includes both electric distribution, electric transmission, and a combined electric distribution and transmission utility network.
The Electric Utility Network Configuration includes:
- Configuration instructions
- Schema for common electric components
- Rules to define network behavior
- Project for configuring and publishing the utility network services
- Maps and apps to support common electric utility workflows
- Sample data
The Electric Utility Network Configuration is a starting place to implement a utility network for electric. It is not designed to provide an all-encompassing solution for all workflows and assets managed by an electric utility. It is intended to be extended to meet any additional asset, workflow, or 3rd party system integration needs.
Utility network capabilities are available through the ArcGIS Utility Network Management extension.
Below are the release dates and version information for the Electric Utility Network Configuration which is based on the ArcGIS Enterprise Utility Network Management extension.
- ArcGIS 2.2 with version 2.0 of the utility network.
- ArcGIS 2.1 with version 1.0 of the utility network.
You can configure a utility network for electric and begin using the network to support common workflows at your organization in four steps.
- Create and configure a utility network using the Utility Network Package Tools and Esri's asset package for electric. Once the base model has been applied to a utility network, evaluate the gaps and extend your implementation. Sample data is provided.
- Post process and publish your utility network layer to Portal for ArcGIS. With the services based architecture that powers the ArcGIS Utility Network Management extension, the published utility network layer will be the service that your organization uses to manage, analyze, and work with the new utility network.
- Deploy focused solutions designed to address common workflows at your organization. Using the ArcGIS Solutions Deployment Tool, these maps and apps will automatically be configured to use your published utility network layer.
- Get maps and apps in the hands of your users. Share the maps and apps deployed with the appropriate members of your organization. Your organization can then use these maps and apps to streamline common workflows at your utility.