The ArcGIS Solutions Deployment Add-In includes a series of tasks that have been optimized to deploy ArcGIS Solutions in your organization. It includes tasks and tools that can be used to configure the solution to meet the specific needs of your organization.
Deploy the Electric Network Editor project
Deploy the Electric Network Editor project configured to use your electric network service created in the Electric Utility Network Foundation template.
- Start ArcGIS Pro and choose the to Start without a template option.
- On the Share tab, in the Deploy group, click ArcGIS Solutions .
The Tasks pane appears.
- In the Tasks pane, double-click Sign in to ArcGIS organization and complete the steps. Click Finish to proceed to the next task.
- In the Tasks pane, double-click Deploy an ArcGIS Solution to open the steps of the task. Expand the Utility Network folder, select Electric Network Editor project package and click Deploy.
- When the task is complete, click Analyze next to the solution to view it in Portal for ArcGIS.
- On the item details page in Portal for ArcGIS, click Open in ArcGIS Pro to download the project package to your machine as an item.pitemx file.
Once downloaded, open the file to unpack the project and open ArcGIS Pro. The project package will be saved in the default ArcGIS folder on your computer, normally this is C:\Users\%username%\Documents\ArcGIS\Packages.
- Optionally - Close the original blank project. Click Yes to interrupt the current task, and No to Save changes to Untitled?.
- Proceed with the next steps in the new ArcGIS Pro project package you've deployed and downloaded.
Update maps with the utility network
- Start ArcGIS Pro and open the Electric Network Editor project.
- On the Catalog pane, expand the Maps folder and open the Electric Network Editor map.
The map contains all the layers that participate in the utility network with the exception of the utility network layer itself.
- In the Catalog pane, click on the Portal tab.
- Navigate to your Electric Utility Network service and double-click on the feature layer to expose the included layers.
- Select the Utility Network layer, right click, and choose Add to current map.
You will be prompted to choose whether or not to add all the feature classes that participate in the Utility Network to the map.
- When prompted, click No and only the utility network will be added to the map. The layer is added to the top of the list so move it below the Service Territory layer.
- In the Contents pane, click the red exclamation point next to a layer to open the Change Data Source dialog box.
- Browse to a published utility network service and click OK to change the data source of the layer. Repeat with all layers with broken data sources.
You are now ready to use your map. If you have updated the spatial reference of your asset package you will need to follow the steps below to update your editor map's spatial reference to match, if not, you can continue reviewing What is the Electric Utility Network Editor template.
Optional - Update spatial reference of the map
If the asset package spatial reference has been changed, the spatial reference of the map must be updated as well. Use the following steps to update the map before working with it:
- Browse to the Electric Network Editor map.
- In the Contents pane, right-click the map and click Properties.
- On the Map Properties dialog box, click the Coordinate Systems tab.
- Click the button below the Current XY heading and navigate to the horizontal coordinate system.
- Click the button below the Current Z heading and update the vertical coordinate system.
- Click OK to apply the coordinate system changes.
For more information on what's included in the edit and audit maps, see What is the Electric Utility Network Editor template.