The Data Assistant Add-In includes a series of tools that have been optimized for migrating data to a Community Parcel layer and updating this data on a regular interval. To migrate your source data to a Community Parcel layer and configure updates, complete the following steps:
- Open your data aggregation project in ArcGIS Pro.
- Sign in to your ArcGIS organization and make it the active portal.
- Click the Data Assistant ribbon.
- In the Source Dataset parameter, browse to the OwnerParcel dataset, and then click OK.
- In the Target Dataset parameter, browse to the TaxParcel dataset, and then click OK.
- In the Source-Target Configuration File parameter, browse to an output location and provide a name, and then click OK.
- Click Run.
- Click Data Mapper and select the Configuration File you created previously. Click Fields.
- Select the source fields and review the initial field mapping. Configure any additional fields and required data assistant methods. Once complete, click Apply.
- Optionally, click Preview and select a configuration file. Specify the Number of Features you'd like to generate in the preview. Click Run.
- Click Append Data or Replace Data and select the Configuration File you created previously.
- If you are contributing or aggregating data for the first time, choose Append Data. This tool will add all features in the source dataset to the target dataset.
- If you are updating data that already exists in the target dataset, choose Replace Data. This tool will use a defined query to replace specific features in the target dataset.
The Data Assistant tools can be used with Windows Task Scheduler to update layers on a regular interval. Scheduled updates will ensure users have access to current information to support more dynamic decision-making.
To update parcel data on a schedule, complete the following steps:
- Using ArcGIS Pro, open the Python window
- Import ArcPy by typing the following command:
- Import a python toolbox from the Data Assistant tools by typing the following command:
- Specify your XML configuration file by typing the following command:
- Right-click in python window and choose to Save Transcript, this will save a new python file.
- Open Windows Task Scheduler.
- Select Action > Create Task and name your task.
- Select the Actions tab and click New.
- Set Action to Start a Program.
- Browse to the location of your ArcGIS Pro python installation (C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\Scripts\propy.bat).
- In the Add Arguments text box, enter the full path of the script saved in step 5.