The Community Impact Dashboard helps Public Health agencies share case metrics for a specified reporting area. The Case Reporter survey can be used to tabulate the case information the specific reporting area. The reporting areas can be a county, state, or any other jurisdiction.
In this workflow, you will learn how to load your reporting areas, modify the Case Reporter survey, and begin tabulating coronavirus cases.
- In a browser, go to the Cases feature layer item details in your ArcGIS Online Organization.
- Create a .zip file of a shapefile or file geodatabase of your reporting areas. Make sure there is a field that defines the name of the boundary.
- Click the Update Data button and choose Append Data to Layer.
- Click Choose File.
- Browse to your .zip file.
- Click Upload and Continue.
Next, add your reporting areas to the Case Reporter survey.
- Verify you are signed in to your ArcGIS organization.
- At the top of the site, click Content.
- On the My Content tab, type Case Reporter in the search box.
- Click the Case Reporter form.
- On the item page, click the Open in Survey drop-down arrow and choose Edit in Survey123 Connect.
- Click Open Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS.
- If you receive an Error with URL request message, click OK, and then click the Settings button . Click Add Portal and Type your ArcGIS Organizations’s URL in the URL of your PORTAL for ArcGIS box, and then click Add Portal. For example, http://myorganization.maps.arcgis.com. Click OK.
- Click Sign in.
- Sign in using your ArcGIS organization credentials.
- Click the Case Reporter.
- Click Yes to download the Case Reporter.
- Click OK.
- Click the Case Reporter again to open it.
- One the left pane, click Open XLS Form Spreadsheet, the editable spreadsheet opens.
- If necessary, click the Choices tab. Update the values Choice 1, Choice 2 and Choice 3 to match the boundaries you loaded earlier. For your deployment, you will likely want to define boundaries such as counties, or city boundaries. You can also just report for one reporting area such as one county.
- Save and close the spreadsheet.
- In Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS, click Update survey from XLSForm spreadsheet in the left pane to preview your changes.
- In the left pane, click Publish.
- Close Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS.
Coronavirus cases can be quickly tabulated with the Case Reporter survey. Current and historical results can then be seen in the Community Impact Dashboard. New case information can be added as frequently as you have it.
- In a browser, go to the Case Reporter survey.
- Click the Reporting Area dropdown and choose the appropriate reporting area.
- Enter your case information and click Submit.
- Repeat this process for each additional reporting reporting area.
- Review the case information in the Community Impact Dashboard.