The Realistic Local Government Scene is a LOD3 (Level of Detail) 3D scene that includes World Imagery draped over detailed elevation along with LOD3 buildings and realistic trees. LOD3 building models have facade textures and can be generated by texturizing the LOD2 buildings from the Schematic Local Government Scene workflow. In addition, 3rd party LOD3 models can be loaded into the scene as well as realistic trees.
Create 3D layers
To create textured buildings used in the Realistic Local Government Scene, complete the following steps:
- Start the ArcGIS Pro application and open the project package from the active portal.
- In the Catalog pane, expand Maps and double-click on Realistic Local Government Scene to open scene.
- If you haven't done so already, sign in to your ArcGIS organization and set as active portal.
- In the Catalog pane, expand the Tasks folder, then double-click on the Publish Realistic Local Government Scene task. In the Tasks pane, expand the Publish Elevation Layers group task to add the DTM (Digital Terrain Model) that was created in the Published Schematic Local Government Scene workflow to your scene.
- Expand the Publish Realistic Buildings group task to:
- Texturize the schematic buildings layer.
- Add other (3rd party) 3D buildings to the Realistic Scene.
- Mask features in existing layers that overlap with features you add to the scene.
- Save your edits and publish the realistic buildings.
- Expand the Publish Realistic Trees group task to create a 3D tree layer, by doing the following:
- On the Map tab, in the Layer group, click Add Preset, and then click the Realistic Trees layer.
- Browse to the Tree point feature class that was created in the Publish Schematic Local Government Scene workflow, and click Open.
- Optionally, modify the Realistic Trees Symbol properties in the Symbology pane.
- Publish your realistic trees.
Author Realistic Local Government Scene
To author a Realistic Local Government Scene, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to your ArcGIS organization.
- Create a Scene using the 3D layers and elevation service you published.
- Optionally, add other web feature layers to your Local Government Scene.
- Save the scene as Realistic Local Government Scene and share it with your organization.
- Begin using the Realistic Local Government Scene.
Once you have finishing publishing your scene, you can also share it with the Living Atlas.