The application is published by moving the application files to a web server, converting them to an application, and defining the application pool using Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS). This workflow uses Microsoft IIS 7. If you are using a different version, modify the workflow as necessary. Contact your server administrator for information about setting up the application on a virtual directory, server security, or installing and configuring ASP.NET.
To publish Photo Survey as an application, complete the following steps:
- Using Windows Explorer, browse to <your directory>\Application folder.
- Copy the PhotoSurvey folder to your web server so it can be accessed as a website or virtual directory. In IIS, the default web server directory is <your directory>\Inetpub\wwwroot\.
- Browse to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Click <your server> > Sites > Default Web Sites.
- Right-click the web server directory folder for the application and choose Convert to Application.
- Choose the DefaultAppPool application pool.
- Click OK.
- Begin using Photo Survey by browsing to http://<your server>/PhotoSurvey/default.htm.