Crowdsource Manager can be configured in ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS, or ArcGIS Enterprise using the app configuration panel. To access the app configuration panel, complete the following steps:
- Create an app from a group using the Crowdsourcing Manager group and Crowdsource Manager configurable application template.
- Review and update the configuration parameter values. To save and review the changes, click SAVE. When you are done, click LAUNCH to open the app, or CLOSE to return to the item details page for your new app.
To modify the overall behavior of the app, complete the following steps:
- Select the group containing the maps to display in the application. Only maps with at least one editable layer will display in the application.
- Provide a title for the application. This title displays along the top of the application.
- Optionally, provide a custom message that will cue users on how to get started with the application.
- Choose to enable or disable the help window. By default the window is disabled.
- Provide a title for the help window.
- Provide the content for the help window.
These color settings allow you to configure the appearance of your application. For new apps in organizations with shared theme colors defined, these parameters will be populated with the shared theme values.
- Choose colors for the background and text in the application header.
- Choose colors for the background and text found in the body of the application.
- Chose colors for the background and text of buttons in the application.
- Choose a color for the currently selected rows in the table.
- Optionally, provide the URL to a logo that will display in the application header. If no logo is specified, the default application icon will be used.
- Optionally, provide the URL to a favicon to display in browser tabs where your application is loaded. If no URL is specified, the default application logo will be used.
Configure how the application will interact with your maps and layers.
- By default, Crowdsource Manager apps will show only one editable layer at a time. Optionally, choose to also display non-editable map layers for additional context. Only one editable layer is visible at a time, but all non-editable reference layers will display with each editable layer.
- Optionally, choose to display pop-up information for these reference layers.
- Optionally, choose to clear out existing filters and selection while refreshing the app.
- Set the zoom level to which the map should zoom when a record is selected from the table. Specify how near (larger number) or far (smaller number) the map should zoom relative to the ground.
- Various map properties can be displayed in the application by clicking the info button beside each map name. Choose which properties of the map should be displayed in this space.
- Optionally, enable a basemap toggle and legend for your application.
Configure how the details, attachments, and related information will be displayed for each report.
- Provide a name for the tab that displays the attribute details for each report. The format of the presented attributes is determined by the pop-up configuration for each layer. Clicking the pencil icon switches the tab to a form where the values of editable fields can be updated. This tab also displays non-media attachments.
- Provide a name for the tab that displays charts and images associated with each report. This tab only displays when the currently selected report contains at least one image attachment, or image or chart defined as part of the pop-up configuration.
- Provide a name for the tab that displays the attribute details for related records associated with the currently selected report, for example comments submitted through Crowdsource Reporter or Crowdsource Polling applications. Clicking the pencil icon switches the tab to a form where the values of editable fields can be updated. This tab will only display when the selected report has at least one related record.
- The format of related records shown on the third tab can be determined either by specifying a field to display, or by choosing to use the pop-up configuration. If a field name is specified, this setting will apply to all feature layers with related records that are displayed in the application. Choosing to use the pop-up configuration allows you to choose which fields to hide, display, and edit for each layer individually.
- Choose which of these three tabs will be displayed immediately upon selection of a record in the table, or a feature in the map. For example, if your application will be used primarily for reviewing photos or videos associated with each feature, you may want to choose to display the Media tab first.
Attribute filters that use the option to Ask For Values in map viewer classic and the time slider will be exposed in Crowdsource Manager when they have been configured on layers in the map. In the new map viewer Ask For Values option is not available however, the application will honor filters set up in the new map viewer as well.
By default, the application will honor the initial values of these filters. Optionally, choose to ignore the default filter and time slider values when the app loads and let your users apply the filters as necessary. Crowdsource Manager apps will always honor static filters on your map layers.