The feature layers in the Layer Catalog reflect specific application requirements and cartographic design elements necessary to support maps and applications in your organization. In some cases, you may want to configure (add and/or alter fields, domains, and so on) services to support specific business needs in your organization. The easiest way to modify the feature layer is by using ArcCatalog or ArcGIS Pro.
- Export the data from a hosted feature layer to a file geodatabase in your ArcGIS organization.
- Browse to the file geodatabase item page and click Open and Download to save the zipped file geodatabase locally.
- Unzip the file geodatabase and place the contents on your computer.
- Modify the file geodatabase schema with ArcCatalog or ArcGIS Pro.
- Author a map with layers and/or tables you modified.
- Optionally, use the Append tool to load your data into the new layers and tables.
- Publish a new feature layer to ArcGIS Online using ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro, or a feature service to ArcGIS for Server or ArcGIS Enterprise using ArcMap.
- If applicable, create a hosted feature layer view to share the new feature layer with internal stakeholders or the general public.