On occasion, you may need to configure the ArcGIS Solution to meet specific needs in your organization. Each solution generally includes one or more feature layers, maps, and applications that can be configured to meet your needs. Review this solution with stakeholders in your organization before defining the specific configurations you will make.
Once you have determined which configurations you must make to this solution, complete the steps below:
The feature layer or layers provided with this solution reflect specific application requirements necessary to support the maps or applications in your organization. In some cases, you may want to configure (add or alter fields, domains, and so on) feature layers to support specific business needs in your organization.
To configure feature layers, complete the steps below:
- Start ArcGIS Pro and create or open a project.
- Add the feature layer to your map.
- On the Edit tab, in the Features group, click the Create button and place a sample feature on the map.
- Note any changes you may want to make to fields or domains included with each layer.
- Once you have noted the changes you would like to make, click the Delete button to remove the sample feature.
- On the Share tab, in the Deploy group, click the ArcGIS Solutions button.
- Double-click Configure an ArcGIS Solution in the Tasks pane.
- Add missing fields to the feature layer by populating the Add Fields geoprocessing tool and clicking Run. Repeat this step for each field you would like to add.
- Once you have added all of the missing fields, click Next Step.
- Modify or add any domains used in the feature layer by populating the Update Domains geoprocessing tool and clicking Run. Repeat this step for each domain you would like to add or alter.
- Once you have finished modifying domains, click Finish.
- Sign in to your ArcGIS organization, browse to the feature layer, and edit the item details.
The map or maps provided with this solution reflect specific cartographic design requirements and include the layers and pop-up configuration necessary to support the map or application in your organization. In some cases, you may want to configure (add or alter style, modify pop-up, and so on) the maps to support specific business needs in your organization.
To configure maps, complete the steps below:
- Sign in to your ArcGIS organization and browse to the map.
- Open the map in Map Viewer and review each layer to identify changes you may want to make to the style, filter, pop-ups, or other remaining layer properties.
- Optionally, change the style for each layer.
- Configure the pop-ups to meet the specific needs of your organization.
- If necessary, edit any existing filters or other remaining layer properties.
- Save the map and edit the item details.