The Set Map Data Sources tool helps you update map documents that reference data in a file geodatabases to correctly reference data in an enterprise or workgroup geodatabase. The tool analyzes your current map document and gives you the opportunity to:
- Change the data source for each map layer
- Update label expressions and/or definition queries to reference field names in an enterprise or workgroup geodatabase
Once complete, a new map document will be created and saved in the same location as your original map.
To create a new map document that references an enterprise or workgroup geodatabase, complete the following steps:
- Choose your Input Map Document.
- Choose your Current Source and New Source.
- Select the map document properties you'd like to update.
- Click OK.
- Open the new map document and ensure the data sources, label expressions, and definition queries now reference your enterprise or workgroup geodatabase.