Maps and Apps Gallery can be configured in ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS, or ArcGIS Enterprise using the app configuration panel. Many aspects of the app, including the application color scheme, title, and default gallery layout can be configured using this panel.
If you choose to host and configure Maps and Apps Gallery on your own web server, define these parameters in the configuration file.
To access the app configuration panel, complete the following steps:
- Create an app from a group using the Maps and Apps Gallery configurable application template.
- Review and update the configuration parameter values. To save and review the changes, click SAVE. When you are done, click LAUNCH to open the app, or CLOSE to return to the item details page for your new app.
To modify the general app settings, complete the following steps:
- Select the group containing the maps to display in the application.
- Provide a title for the application. This title displays along the top of the application.
These settings allow you to configure the appearance of your application. For new apps in organizations with shared theme colors defined, these parameters will be populated with the shared theme values.
- Choose colors for the background and text in the application header.
- Choose a color for the text found in the body of the application.
- Provide the URL to a graphic to use for the logo that appears in the upper left corner of the app.
Using the gallery application, content from an ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Enterprise group can be viewed, sorted, filtered, and displayed in several ways.
To configure other aspects of Map Viewer and gallery presentation, complete the following steps:
- Choose a default gallery layout for the items. The layout can be changed from within the application as well, and will adjust automatically for display on tablets and smartphones.
- Choose to, by default, sort gallery items by name, by the number of times the item has been accessed through ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS, or ArcGIS Enterprise, or by the date the item was last modified. The sorting type can also be changed from within the application.
- Choose to sort the items in ascending or descending order.
- The tags from all items in the group are presented in a tag cloud on the left side of the application and this tag cloud can be used to filter the gallery contents. To hide the tag cloud and disable filtering, uncheck the Show tag cloud check box.
- Choose to preview maps using either Map Viewer or the Simple Viewer.
- Type the default address to use in the search widget in Map Viewer.
- Type the zoom level to be used when zooming to selected features.
- By default the application will use the organization's basemap group to populate the basemap widget when viewing maps and services. To use basemaps from another group, provide the group name and the user name of the group owner. While the Maps and Apps Gallery application can be configured to use a group containing vector basemaps, at this time it does not honor the organization-level setting to use the Esri vector basemaps as the default basemap group.