Map Change Request is designed to be deployed using hosted services in ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise. However, if your organization requires access to the enterprise geodatabase through a database connection, you can publish the required services, deploy the solution, and re-point the maps to your ArcGIS Server services. Changing the service URLs in the maps can be done using ArcGIS Online Assistant or GEO Jobe Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online.
Deploy maps and publish services
To deploy the solution and publish services to a standalone ArcGIS Server that is not federated with Portal for ArcGIS, complete the following steps:
- If you have not already, install the ArcGIS Solutions Deployment Add-In.
- Start ArcGIS Pro and create or open a project.
- Deploy Map Change Request.
- Download the Map Change Request for on-premises.
- Using ArcMap, publish the map documents provided as feature services with editing enabled.
Update services using ArcGIS Online Assistant
To update a map's services to use your ArcGIS Server services, complete the following steps:
- In the ArcGIS Online Assistant, sign into your ArcGIS organization.
- Click I want to... and select Update the URLs of Services in a Web Map.
- Browse to and click the map that you want to update.
- Under Operational Layers, update the URLs of the services in the map to use the services you have published to a standalone ArcGIS Server that is not federated with Portal for ArcGIS.
- Update the map and repeat for all other maps included with Map Change Request.
Update services using GEO Jobe Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online
When configuring this solution to be used with your ArcGIS Server services, GEO Jobe Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online can be used to update a map's service URL. To use these tools, the Pro version is required.