Crowdsource Polling is a configurable web application template that allows users to submit comments or feedback on existing plans and proposals. The application is responsively designed to be used on tablets and desktop computers.
The Crowdsource Polling application presents a map that can be used to gauge sentiment on specific plans or proposals. Users can anonymously submit new comments and/or vote on the importance of the plan or proposal. They also can authenticate with their social media credentials and have an open dialog with other members of the community.
Crowdsource Polling requires specific technical experience and software.
- Authoring maps
- Configuring ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS configurable application templates
- ArcGIS Online subscription or Portal for ArcGIS
What you get
The Crowdsource Polling application can be configured in ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS without downloading the application. However, if you want to host the application on your own server the application is available to download from GitHub.
Below are the release dates and notes for Crowdsource Polling.
- Support for shared theme
- Support for attachments with comments on layers.
- Added the ability to configure how the polling items should be sorted.
- Added the ability to specify a URL parameter to open the application to a specific feature.
- Filters on the comment table are now honored to facilitate comment moderation.
- Improved the app layout when using a right-to-left language.
- Limited voting to once per item per browser session.
- Improved messaging on mobile devices.
- Local on navigation buttons adjusts if search has not been configured for the map.
- Added a configuration option to display the help window as a splash screen.
- Fixed an issue with submitting comments when the related table was not in index position 0.
- Improved the ability to submit time values to date fields for Server of ArcGIS services.
- A series of enhancements and improvements to app performance.
- Added a configuration option for an app logo.
- Added support for smartphones.
- Added support for domains in the comment entry form.
- First release of Crowdsource Polling