Crowdsource Polling is a configurable web application template that allows users to submit comments or feedback on existing plans and proposals. The application is responsively designed to be used on tablets and desktop computers.
The Crowdsource Polling application presents a map that can be used to gauge sentiment on specific plans or proposals. Users can anonymously submit new comments and/or vote on the importance of the plan or proposal. They also can authenticate with their social media credentials and have an open dialog with other members of the community.
Crowdsource Polling requires specific software.
- ArcGIS Online subscription, Portal for ArcGIS, or ArcGIS Enterprise
What you get
The Crowdsource Polling application can be configured in ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS, or ArcGIS Enterprise without downloading the application. However, if you want to host the application on your own server the application is available to download from GitHub.
Below are the release dates and notes for Crowdsource Polling.
- Fixed an issue preventing URL parameters from opening the details of a feature.
- Fixed BUG-000104105 related to using default values in fields not visible on the comment form. This fixes makes moderation workflows easier.
- New configuration option to open the app to display either the map or the feature list first on smartphones.
- New configuration option to set the default status of the toggle used to filter the list of features to what is in the visible extent of the map.
- Added the search widget to the top of the feature list in smartphone view, so that it is easier to find a specific record when using the app on a phone.
- Updated the UI for the help and sign in panels.
- Support for shared theme
- Support for attachments with comments on layers.
- Added the ability to configure how the polling items should be sorted.
- Added the ability to specify a URL parameter to open the application to a specific feature.
- Filters on the comment table are now honored to facilitate comment moderation.
- Improved the app layout when using a right-to-left language.
- Limited voting to once per item per browser session.
- Improved messaging on mobile devices.
- Local on navigation buttons adjusts if search has not been configured for the map.
- Added a configuration option to display the help window as a splash screen.
- Fixed an issue with submitting comments when the related table was not in index position 0.
- Improved the ability to submit time values to date fields for Server of ArcGIS services.
- A series of enhancements and improvements to app performance.
- Added a configuration option for an app logo.
- Added support for smartphones.
- Added support for domains in the comment entry form.
- First release of Crowdsource Polling