Crowdsource Reporter is a configurable application template that allows users to submit problems or observations. The application has been optimized for smartphones but is responsively designed to be used on smartphones, tablets, and desktop computers.
The Crowdsource Reporter application presents one or more maps that can be used to report a problem or observation. Users can anonymously submit new reports, review existing reports, and comment and vote on reports or observations submitted by other users. They also can authenticate with their social media or ArcGIS credentials and track the status of problems or observations they have reported.
Crowdsource Reporter requires specific technical experience and software.
- Authoring maps
- Configuring web app templates in ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS
- ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS subscription
The application is optimized for display on desktop computers, smartphones, and tablet devices using all browsers supported by ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS.
What you get
The Crowdsource Reporter application can be configured in ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS without downloading the application. However, if you want to host the application on your own server the application is available to download from GitHub.
Below are the release dates and notes for Crowdsource Reporter.
- Added a configuration option to enable display of uneditable layers along with each editable layer.
- Added support for maps with multi-layer basemaps.
- Added a configuration option for storing the location of a report based on the search term, reverse geocoded location, or coordinates at the location of the report.
- Added the ability to draw the location of a report in either the map on the form, or the larger map that is also visible when accessing the app from a desktop computer or tablet.
- Added a configuration option for disabling anonymous access to the application.
- Simplified app interface when working with a single map and a single layer.
- Addressed an issue with submitting the first report to an empty ArcGIS for Server service.
- Added the option to use the comment table pop-up to build the comment submission form.
- Features now load based on their proximity to the device when the location of the device is shared with the browser.
- Added a configurable help panel accessible from the splash screen and from within the app.
- A series of enhancements and improvements to the user interface.
- An enhancement to the data entry form to use the current extent of map.
- Added the option to hide the ArcGIS sign in button.
- First release of Crowdsource Reporter