The 3D Public Survey application allows users to sign in with social media credentials (Twitter and Google+).
To fully enable social media authentication, you must establish a connection between your application and your organization's Google+ account. In addition, you must configure a valid surveyor in the Photo Survey application to store the user name associated with the users social media account.
Configure Google+ credentials
Complete the following steps to set up a connection between your Photo Survey application and your organization's (or personal) Google+ account:
- If you do not have a Google+ account for your organization, create a new one.
- Use your Google+ credentials to sign into the Google Developer Console and click Create Project from the drop-down menu to the right of the Google APIs title.
- Type the name of your project in the Project Name space and click Create.
- If the project does not open when it is done building, use the drop-down menu to the right of the Google APIs title to select the new project.
- Click Credentials in the menu on the left side of the console, then choose Create Credentials using OAuth client ID.
- Click the Configure consent screen button and set up the window that will appear when users provide their Google+ credentials. The provided email address will be used to contact you when users have issues signing into your app with their credentials.
- Click Save and choose the application type Web application.
- In the Authorized Redirect URIs parameter, type the URL of your application.
- Copy the client ID value into the googleplusClientID parameter in the survey configuration file .json file and save the configuration change. Then click OK in the OAuth client
- Click library in the menu on the left side of the console. Then choose Google+ API under the Social APIs section.
- Click Enable
- Return to configuring your application, which should now be set up to allow users to sign in using their Google+ credentials.