The X-Ray for ArcCatalog Add-In can be used to develop, refine and document your geodatabase designs. X-Ray works with XML workspace documents and provides a simple spreadsheet interface to your geodatabase.
Before installing the X-Ray for ArcCatalog Add-In below, remove any previous versions you have installed on your machine.
X-Ray for ArcCatalog Add-In
The X-Ray for ArcCatalog Add-In streamlines many data management workflows, including adding and removing features and fields from a geodatabase, setting the spatial reference of a geodatabase schema, and developing a data dictionary or data model poster.
To install the X-Ray for ArcCatalog Add-In, complete the following steps:
- Download X-Ray for ArcCatalog from ArcGIS Online.
- Ensure you have removed any previous versions of X-Ray for ArcCatalog and then close any open or running ArcGIS applications.
- Using Windows Explorer, browse to your download folder.
- Double-click XrayArcCatalog.esriAddIn to run the installer.
- Click the Install Add-In button.
- Open ArcCatalog and browse to Customize > Extensions.
- Enable X-Ray Extension for Geodatabases and click Close.