Follow the steps below to remove previous versions of the add-ins.
- Locate and rename the add-ins existing configuration file. This will ensure the add-in installs the most recent configuration file. The list below provides the configuration file name for each add-in:
- Address Management: loaded.address.config
- Attribute Assistant: loaded.aa.config
- Capital Planning: Config.config
- Water Utility Network Tools: loaded.water.config
- Gas Utility Network Tools: loaded.gas.config
- The configuration files are typically located in one of the following directories:
Operating System Directory Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10 and Server 2008, 2012 %AppData%\ArcGISSolutions\ConfigFiles Windows XP, 2000 and Server 2003 C:\Documents and Settings\%UserName%\Application Data\ArcGISSolutions\ConfigFiles
- In ArcMap, open the Add-In Manager and browse to Customize > Add-In Manager.
- Remove the previous version of the add-in you wish to install.
- Close all ArcMap and ArcCatalog sessions.
- Open ArcMap and using the add-in manager, ensure the previous version was uninstalled. This step is critical as it will completely remove the old version from the file system.
- Install the new add-in.
- Browse back to the configuration file folder and open your renamed configuration file and the one created by the add-in.
- Compare the two files and add any missing configuration parameters from the new file to yours.
- Delete or rename the file created by the add-in and rename your original file to the appropriate name required by the add-in.